Wednesday, October 15, 2008

dental visit

my toothache was driving my crazy..
finally plucked up courage to visit the dentist!
the idea of having those "cling-clanging" in my mouth gives me butterflies in my stomach..
i went to the bukit batok branch which was the nearest to my place.
i got a queue number and waited for 3 hours!!
luckily i have no lessons today!
and thankfully my 3 hours were well-spent.
i had my breakfast and did 1.5 readings!

after seeing the dentist,
the verdict was:
my root canal problem is getting worse...
this time i really have to do the operation..
eeeks!!
root canal is the deepest layer of your gum- where the roots are.
it is sort of infected.
so..
the dentist would actually have to drill a hole through my molar teeth and to the roots!
to cleanse the area which is infected..
after which, my molar would be capped (a form of protection) from germs.

the dentist explained that this would take three to four sessions
and would cost between 300 to 500.
sob.
there's gonna be a big hole in my pocket.
hopefully mum and dad would aid me a little..

i hope to get this done asap..
otherwise i would be living in misery all through my exams!

alright..shan't go on lamenting about it..
only got myself to blame!! lol. should have heeded their advice to go for it few years back.

on the lighter note,
i'm able to see ben tomorrow!
haven't seen him since last week!


No comments: